Ocean pollution, protecting our oceans from toxicity and plastic
Time & Location
About the Event
According to reports around 18 billion pounds of plastic is leaked into oceans every year. The pollution of oceans not just threatens the extinction of marine life, it will also impact the global ecosystem.
Protecting Our Oceans webinar will share insights into how ocean life can be preserved and protected.
The webinar will cover:
- Global impacts of plastics in the ocean
- Reducing at the source – consumer practices, regulation, policies,
- New technologies being used around the world
- Identifying: Geospatial technologies
- Clean up solutions: specialized harvesters
- Recycling: reuse
- The future of the issue of plastics in the ocean, discussion with participants
- How can young people help? at micro and macro levels
- Funding and economic aspects